Simple and Swift Decor Ideas for the Holiday Season
December 22, 2015 | klein
Decorating for the holidays should be fun, not stressful, but many people become overwhelmed by the process. One of the best ways to prepare for holiday decorating is by reading up on ideas to get inspiration for your own home. Here are a few smart seasonal decor tips that are sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Fill clear jars and vases with red and white peppermint candies. Set them on any bare surface that could use some sprucing up.
- Purchase pine garland in bulk and drape it on all of your home’s tall areas, including mantles, banisters, and on top of cabinets.
- Buy vintage holiday decor from local thrift stores for a fun, quirky touch. Think retro dinnerware items, aluminum trees, and antique nutcrackers.
- Don’t be afraid to decorate your tree in a fresh, new color scheme. If you’re not feeling the red and green this year, opt for icy blue and silver, rich purple and gold or even stark white.
- Try out tartan instead of your usual holiday-themed textiles. This classic red plaid looks festive and unique when used on placemats, tree skirts, or stockings.
- Think of scents just as much as sights. You can’t go wrong with cinnamon or vanilla-scented candles, bowls filled with potpourri, and even pine cones from outside.
- Create your own simple winter floral arrangement by placing tall berry branches in white jars.