How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
October 13, 2015 | klein
Once you carve your pumpkins to make jack-o-lanterns, you might wonder what to do with all of those leftover seeds. Instead of tossing them out, why not try another fall-ready project by making your own roasted pumpkin seeds? The process is much easier than you might expect, and once you smell the delicious scent that comes from your oven, you’ll want to turn this one into an annual fall tradition!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let it heat while you complete the other steps.
2. Rinse your pumpkin seeds to remove the pulp from inside of the pumpkin. Do this by placing the seeds in a standard colander and running warm water all over them. Once they’re completely clean, pat them dry with a paper towel.
3. Toss the seeds with the spices of your choice in a large mixing bowl. You might want to try cinnamon and sugar for a sweeter taste, or go for a blend of olive oil, salt, and pepper for a more savory flavor.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spread the seeds on top. Be sure to keep them in a single layer to ensure that they roast all the way through.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes on 350 degrees, or until completely roasted. If you’re unsure, taste one of the seeds.
6. Let the seeds cool completely. This will take about about 15 minutes.